Tide of Iron: Next Wave
TIDE OF IRON is a board game of squad-level World War Two tactical combat introduced by Fantasy Flight Games in 2006 and licensed to 1A Games in 2013 [read the press release]. It features historical authenticity and superb production values, including:
- Action-based gameplay with opportunity fire, close assault, combined fire, and more.
- Modular, double-sided map boards for nearly limitless combinations that promote re-playability.
- Hundreds of detailed, historically accurate plastic figures.
- Customizable squads for flexible tactics.
- Historical scenarios that determine the forces for each side, the map board layout, victory conditions, and other details.
The starting point into the series is the base game TIDE OF IRON that includes American and German forces that fought from D-Day across northwest Europe in 1944-1945. Expansions add plastic pieces representing soldiers, vehicles, and weapons of other nations, new map boards, special rules, plus new scenarios, strategy cards, markers, and tokens.
You must own the TIDE OF IRON base game in order to use the expansions.
1A Games’ plans for its NEXT WAVE of the TIDE OF IRON series comprise:
- Ensure that the rules in the base game and all of the expansions work together smoothly.
- Insert “Quick Start” scenarios into the base game and expansions that enable new players to learn how to play faster.
- Add historical detail where it helps give more of the “feel” of World War Two operations.
- Include optional advanced rules to allow for more nuanced tactics.
- Print strategy card decks that are more specific to terrain, doctrine, and time periods.
- Introduce special division cards to reflect the unique capabilities of famous and legendary divisions.
YOU can help us create the NEXT WAVE for TIDE OF IRON. Answer our polls about rules questions, plastic pieces, game components, etc., and what features 1A Games should develop or modify first.
Tide of Iron Next Wave
Core Set: United States Army versus the German Army (Das Heer) from D-Day across northwest Europe (1944-1945) with infantry and vehicles – including U.S. M4A1 Sherman tank and M3A1 half-track, German Panzer IV and Tiger I tanks, and German SdKfz 251 half-track.
Tide of Iron
TD01 (out of print)
Base Game: United States Army versus the German Army (Das Heer) from D-Day across northwest Europe (1944-1945) with infantry and vehicles – including U.S. M4A1 Sherman tank and M3A1 half-track, German Panzer IV and Tiger I tanks, and German SdKfz 251 half-track.
Days of the Fox
Expansion: Adds British Army infantry, plus British Matilda and Crusader tanks and Bren Gun Carrier, the German Panzer III, and British 6-pounder, U.S. 57mm, and German 88mm anti-tank guns in scenarios featuring Erwin Rommel (“The Desert Fox”) in North Africa (1941-1942).
Expansion: Adds British Army infantry, U.S. M10 tank destroyer, German Panther and King Tiger tanks, and StuG III and Jagdpanzer IV armored vehicles, in Normandy (June-July 1944).
Designers Series, Volume One
Scenario Book: A collection of 22 scenarios (15 for the Tide of Iron base game and 7 for Days of the Fox expansion) by 19 critically acclaimed game designers, including 9 Hall of Fame members.
Map Pack Expansion One
12 double-sided map boards and 23 double-sided hexagon-shaped map overlays that can be used with the base game and expansions.
Fury of the Bear
Expansion: Adds Soviet Army (Workers’ and Peasants’ Red Army) infantry, plus Soviet T-34/76 and KV-1 tanks, SU-122 armored vehicles, U.S. M3A1 half-tracks in Soviet color (Lend-Lease), and Soviet 76.2mm and German 75mm anti-tank guns in Russia (1942-1944).